The Como roundhouse was built in 1880s by the Denver South Park and Pacific Railroad which later became the Colorado and Southern. Como Roundhouse was a busy place keeping locomotives running that went to Alpine Tunnel and over Boreas Pass Como to Breckenridge and to Leadville. The last train through Como was in 1937. In the early 1980s the roundhouse became a Colorado National Historical site and is open during Boreas Pass railroad days and track has been laid to the rebuilt station and hotel. In 2017 Klondike Kate resides in the roundhouse for steam ups during the summer.